Saturday, June 12, 2021
FDR Ceremonial Loop
Dear PWS families,
We can't wait to reconnect with old friends in our PWS community and meet new ones, and just be there for each other!
Please join us on June 12 at 9:30am at the FDR Ceremonial Loop for a walk around the Tidal Basin, followed by a family picnic. This year's format will be a little different due to COVID. Here is what you need to know:
- Parking is available on Ohio Dr SW, West Basin Dr SW, and a little further at parking lots A, B and C behind the Jefferson memorial (those parking lots are about 0.5 miles from the starting point of the walk). It's always easier to find parking on the early side.
- We kindly ask all participants to wear masks and encourage you to socially distance. Please remember that PWS kids and adults are at a higher risk for complications should they get sick and be mindful and respectful. We will continue to monitor Washington, DC COVID requirements and post any updates as they become available.
- Please wear your favorite One Small Step t-shirt and join us in a rainbow of past years' colors (i.e. no new t-shirts this year)! If you are new to the walk and would like to get a t-shirt, please email Dominique at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try our best to arrange it!
- We will NOT be providing water and snacks as in past years. PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN DRINKS AND FOOD!
- Families who wish to join the picnic after the walk, please bring a blanket and your family's picnic and drinks. We will have someone at the start of the walk to watch belongings, so you will not need to carry it along with you during the walk.
- Kids games and bubbles will be available, and kids prizes will be handed out every half mile as in past years. The whole walk is approximately 2 miles and entirely stroller friendly.
Questions? Email Dominique at email@example.com.
WE CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU!